Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RAM Leader Richard Morse Touches Very Controversial Subject...Read !!!

Administrator joint chief of staff Makak's Avatar

RAM Leader Richard Morse Touches Very Controversial Subject...Read !!!

The leader of the racine group RAM, touched a very sensitive subject, that most of our artists don't dare come close to addressing...

If I had been born in Haiti I would be considered a "Mulatto"; however, I was
    born in Puerto Rico and grew up in the suburbs of Yale University, therefore,
    I'm not a Mulatto, I'm Black. There is no such thing as a Mulatto in
    Connecticut , or in the U.S. for that matter; either you're White or you're
    Black, one or the other. [There are other races but for the purposes of this
    ramble I'm sticking to the Black/White issue]. My children see me as White and
    laugh at the thought that I may have Black blood in my veins. They view
    themselves as Black.

In Haiti, things are different. In Haiti , "Mulatto" is a "class" and a "race"
    unto itself. Let me give you an example. In Haiti , after the Aristide coup of
    1991, when there was all that repression and murder, it was Black people who
    were getting killed, not Mulattos; more specifically it was poor, Black people
    who were getting killed.

Back in the day, the Mulatto class had an army (Force Armée d'Haiti, FADH) to
    do the killing and protecting them. At the time of the 1991 COUP, that army was
    headed by Raoul Cedras, a Mulatto. Today, Haiti 's economic elite is a Mulatto
    organization infiltrated by Middle Easterners and Germans. [I must add here
    that when I use the term "Mulatto", I use it loosely to refer to a light
    skinned "Black" person. There are actually many terms to identify at which
    generation a Black person entered into your blood line].

Historically, when they tell you that there's 80% illiteracy in Haiti, what
    they're actually saying is the Mulattos and their entourage can read and write,
    but the Black people can't. When the Southern soldiers from the United States
    came to Haiti in 1915 to occupy the country, they didn't know these racial
    subtleties. When the American diplomat said, (you have to forgive me Bob
    Corbett, this is an important quote) "Niggers speaking French!" he was actually
    referring to Mulattos or the Black part of their entourage. Mulattos embrace
    French and keep the rest of the population unschooled in order to create
    separation.

Though the White Southern U.S. troops saw the Mulattos as "niggers", in
    reality, Haitian Mulattos don't see themselves as "Black" at all and they do
    all they can to distance themselves from Haitian Blacks.

Haitian "Black" people do not see Haitian Mulattos as part of their own race or
    culture either. When you see squalor and poverty in Haiti , it reflects how
    the Haitian Mulattos feel towards the Haitian Black person: bidonvilles
    (slums), no sewer systems, no running water, no bathrooms, filth, no garbage
    removal, no education, no money, slave wages, no health care, etc etc. The
    Mulattos have historically seen the Haitian poor as uncivilized and undeserving
    of humane living conditions. Haitian Mulattos view the Haitian Black as the
    enemy, the slave, the laborer, the beast.

Haitian intellectuals of the 20th Century started to address these social
    realities and that became the birth of "Noirisme" or "Blackism". Francois "Papa
    Doc" Duvalier was a "Noiriste". His son, Jean Claude "Baby Doc" Duvalier was a
    "Mulattoist". If you look at the most recent beneficiaries of the 2009 economic
    investment movement in Haiti , it reveals: Rene Préval, Mulattoist.

Bill Clinton, Mulattoist. George Soros (working with Mews to make
    sweatshops???), Mulattoist. American Embassy, Mulattoist (The US Embassy does
    it's dealing with the Haitian American Chamber of Commerce which is the bastion
    of Mulatto business elites). Haitian Minister of Culture (Black man supporting
    a Jazz festival) Mulattoist. Haitian Hotel Association, Mulattoist. Haitian
    Ministry of Tourism, Mulattoist. The new owners of Electricité D'Haiti,
    Mulattoist.

This so called new economic revolution that Bill Clinton is leading in Haiti is
    bound to fail for the simple reason that it's not a Haitian economic
    revolution; it is just a reaffirmation of where the Haitian Mulatto class sees
    itself in Haitian society; above the rest; entitled to money, power, privilege,
    with paid access to Washington, and therefore Bill Clinton.

This economic movement is bound to fail because it continues to disenfranchise
    Haitian Blacks and brings to light the corrupt economic and social nature of
    the Haitian Mulatto Business class.

The new movement is bound to fail because it relies on corrupt elections, a
    corrupt United Nations and corrupt, behind closed doors business deals.

This new Haitian Deal is bound to fail because, plainly put, "It Stinks!"

Richard Morse
    Port-au-Prince , Haiti

Your thought HBeatzers....

I never did give anyone hell, I just told the truth and they thought it was hell

The Kind of stuff that leaves you thinking........OMG, This gentleman makes perfect sense. This is the Stuff the major network won't give a second of Airtime. Last October, I visited Haiti after being away for over 20 Years, Unfortunately I was able to witness most of the points that Mr Morse talks about. It's just sad.....

Administrator Sergeant Major of The Army Lejacobinnoir's Avatar

Dezakode this is very very interesting and coming from Richard Morse is even better.

This one is an article that we need a huge participation and openess from all of us.

HB i like it...let's see what are the opinions outhtere!!!

Map vini

*~"Ou Paka Haitian pou renmen chansonettes passe Konpa Direct."~*

I think Richard is coming from a different mindset, having been raised in the US. We all know there's no such things as mulatoes, it's only in Haiti. Once you leave Mais Gate, you either white or black. It's unfortunate that in 2009, after more than 200 years of independance, "chen nan sot nan pye men li la pi red nan tet la". As long as we continue to have politician like Preval ( ignorant, ivrogne, bon a rien, sans cervelle, apatride), Aristide (demagogue, ariviste, parvenu) at the helm in Haiti, nothing will change. Ti group ki peche an ho a ap toujou souse peyi a epi mas pep la ap kontinye kroupi nan mize.

sophomore Corporal (CPL) konparockers's Avatar

Touchy subject indeed...
    Richard made a lot of valid points....

Men Mren... Men Mren....

Freshman Private 2 (PVT2) Capois La Mort's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marchenri69
    I think Richard is coming from a different mindset, having been raised in the US. We all know there's no such things as mulatoes, it's only in Haiti. Once you leave Mais Gate, you either white or black. It's unfortunate that in 2009, after more than 200 years of independance, "chen nan sot nan pye men li la pi red nan tet la". As long as we continue to have politician like Preval ( ignorant, ivrogne, bon a rien, sans cervelle, apatride), Aristide (demagogue, ariviste, parvenu) at the helm in Haiti, nothing will change. Ti group ki peche an ho a ap toujou souse peyi a epi mas pep la ap kontinye kroupi nan mize.
    Jacobin where do we go from here?

I can sit here and tell you this president is this and that president is that but it does not change anything. Until all of us can have a revolution of the mind and only then we can collectively make a change in Haiti.

I Command Richard Morse for speaking out on the facts of life in the Haitian society it's grear opportunity for addressing the elephant that's been in the room for centuries. How can we overcome this together as a nation(Light, Dark Skin, White...)?

"Excuses can not be exused only performances can be measured". That's my two cents and I'm out.

Le mélomane.

Unfortunately the revolution has to start at the top. 1804 still remained an anomaly. It was not supposed to happen and I can guarantee that something like that will never happene again. We need a strong civil society and government. As long as we still have those same corrupt people in charge, nothing will change. How many changes and so called revolutions we have had thoughout our history and what has changed other than the majory is living deeper and deeper in abject poverty and misery. Se ou paket inkonsyan kap dirije Ayiti. Those people have no vision and no shame. The school system is in shamble, public health is quasi-inexistant. No electricity, no roads and no running water in almost the entire country, but each senator and congressman has a car paid by the state. Pa blyie pe diem pou bon travay yap fe yo. I bet you they are going to find money for Carnival next year.

Education! Education! Education .The finger pointing the blaming this group or that group Until “WE” ALL OF US EVERY HAITIANS ON THIS PLANET do our part to help and support OR to start closing that huge gap in education ; talking about the past revolution and anything else is just wasting time